Friday, May 15, 2015

Last Preschool

For mothers day this year Kendal gave me her cold as a gift. So I said some prayers and made it through my primary lesson with aches and a scratchy voice. I spent the rest of the day achy and my evening curled up surrounded by heating pads and full of medicine. Other than my cold it was a good mothers day. Casey spoiled us by cooking and cleaning up meals throughout the day and the kids gave me extra love (which is probably why Peter now has my cold; sorry buddy).
The first two pictures are my sad attempts at getting the kids to give me mother's day smiles before church. But we caught a decent family picture with the timer. The last picture is Peter passed out right before dinner Sunday evening (late church = no naps, makes for interesting Sunday afternoons). 



Casey thought I was crazy but I pulled through and ended up doing preschool Monday morning. (It's my last time teaching this year, and I didn't want to flake out.) I made sure Monday was low key in activities. We started out preschool with a bean bag toss. Kendal and Peter were the only ones who took it seriously the two little boys in our group got in a throwing fight with each other and the little girl just wanted to hoard the bean bags and sit with them so no one could touch them. After bean bag tossing we made name bracelet's. The kids had to find beads with the letters in their names and string them onto pipe cleaners. We next had snack where I made apple rings for the kids to put toppings on. After snack we read books. Our vowel this week was O so I emphasized words with O's. I had to cut story time a bit shorter than I usually like to go but the my voice was giving out. After books we did an O worksheet where the kids filled in the o's in words with circle stickers and we went through the list of words and talked about how an o can sound different in each word. Monday was a nice day so we ended by going outside to play. The kids launched parachutes off of my balcony and played on the swings.
Kendal had swim lessons on Tuesday. Casey said she's doing very well! She's loving lessons and was sad when they were cancelled Thursday due to stormy weather. We had an extra long bath time that night to make up for it. Peter and Kendal wore their goggles and blew bubbles for a long time in the tub.
Wednesday our theme was zoo animals. I took my extensive collection of beanie babies out and made a pretend zoo in the living room. The kids came in and made their own binoculars and then played with the zoo for a while. We had a snack of animal crackers and talked about what kinds of animals we see in zoo's. Next we read the mixed up chameleon, and Curios George visits the zoo. After the stories the kids used their binoculars to go on an animal hunt around the house. I had pictures of zoo animals hidden for the kids to find. We ended up playing this game a few times because the kids loved finding the animals. We did some work book time and then headed outside for the last bit of preschool.
I've loved having the opportunity to do preschool for Kendal these past two years. I'm grateful we saved money doing the home school rout and I've loved using know how from my collage major, and creative mind to create some fun times. Kendal will enter Kindergarten this fall and Peter will only be three so I'm not actively seeking to do another Mommy group (unless it's one day a week and is fairly casual). I've often thought of starting my own preschool but there are many factors putting that off, so we'll see what future years bring.

"Namaste"
I do video exercises for at least one of my workouts each week. We stumbled upon kids yoga a while back and every so often I do it with the kids. This past week I pulled up the video and turned to find the kids ready to get their yoga on with me.


No comments: