Monday, April 2, 2018

Some March, Early Easter, Isaac 's blessing

While I can't get behind every random celebration that shows up on a calendar or web I am in favor of traditions and memory making. So I decided to add Pie day to our traditions. I made a yummy Samoa pie and a chicken pot pie this year. Casey and I enjoyed both, Peter thought my dessert pie was gorgeous and Kendal raved about it as well! Success. 


Alice loves to accessorize and get into things lately. It's a new adventure and accessory everyday. 


The kids had early release a couple of Friday's ago. We invited Kendal's buddies Brook and Meadow to spend the afternoon with us. Kendal adores these girls and I was happy to have them over. Echo joined as well. We did some dollar store science experiments and the girls played awhile. Peter got to go to a birthday party later that day at Jump Time for twins in his class; Victor and Valeria.

Because we were heading out of town Saturday and would be gone for Easter the Easter bunny came early! The kids woke up to a note to find their baskets. Kendal and Peter got Walkie Talkies, all of the kids got swim suits and hatchimals to enjoy along with some goodies. It was a quick morning celebration as we stuffed the car full and headed out for our break. 

We made it to Logan at lunchtime. Katherine and my mom brought lunch for everyone out to Nanas. Nana has been down with pneumonia so we really wanted a visit. We spent some time with Nana, cleaned some, and even saw my aunts Linda and Peggy while there. I'm so lucky to still have my Nana here;  she's determined and is sticking around and I love it. My kids love her so much as do I! We spent the evening at my parents. Sunday we got to attend baby Issac's blessing. I love the spirit that surrounds babies and the special event like a blessing to celebrate them!

No comments: