Sunday, April 15, 2018

The swing of life.

After spring break we got back into the swing of life.
Small update on everyone:
Casey's had a couple of away track meets. His team won both overall. (He says it's not hard because there are so many of them.) Casey has a rough group of kids to teach this year. Their antics and behavior are just disheartening, upsetting, and overwhelming. I hope these kids can wake up and do better. Seven more weeks of school hon ; ).
I'm momin, raising, nurturing, trying, failing, trying again, cook, clean, repeat. I try to serve, care, and be a good example. I'm not great at this, but I'm trying. I'm trying to learn how to better help my kids and just keep doing my thing. 
Kendal is doing well. She's looking forward to her twin friends (Brook and Meadow) coming to play this week and their birthday party on Saturday. She still is crushing her reading goals, got great marks on her report card, and is doing great at school. Kendal enjoys achievement days and is working on a "secret" mothers day project she's excited about. She's looking forward to swim lessons next month, a piano recital next month, and track in June!
Peter has had some anxieties surface this past month. He tries to get out of going to school almost every day and has been down quite a bit. We're trying to peg the problem, but it seems like anxiety is just something he's dealing with right now. We're doing our best to learn about, and help him. He needs positivity and love. Easier to give some days than others (especially when his stubborn, angry side is happening). He's amazingly creative, funny, and smart. I hope we can help him work through his worries and come out stronger. 
Alice  is becoming quite the busy body. Wants to be where you are and get into everything, chit chatting her way through the day. She's getting a cute cheesy personality. She can ham it up and make us laugh daily! She still loves to accessorize. I often send my parents pictures oh her accessory and "mission" for the day. It's always different, amusing, occasionally naughty, but mainly funny. Alice is working on two more top teeth right now and working through a cold her cousin gave her. 

I didn't get an Easter picture. So this is my week after Easter picture of the kids. 

A couple of Saturday's ago we took the kids swimming. They didn't get to swim on spring break and they've got lessons coming up so we thought we'd go for fun / refresher. Kendal and Peter warmed up and were doing well. Alice was enjoying herself and loved pool time. A sweet lady commented on how cute and active Alice is. Yep!
 

 Just a couple of Alice's accessory pictures. She also "cheeses" now for me and I love it!
 

 Kendal chose to sew a couple of pencil bags for her friends birthday. She also sewed one for Alice and herself. Peter even had a go at sewing and made his own bag with me. Both did great!

 

We spent the day in Raft River yesterday helping clean up around the house and get a few projects done to help Casey's parents. All the older cousins were there and the kids had a great afternoon paying around.
Both Casey's and my Dad have had health issues these past couple of weeks. We hope they can get the help they need, and get  feeling better. We hope and pray you both get better Dad and Kenny!
As I added a title before I was ready to load this on my blog I couldn't help think about a swing. Life is like a swing. If you're not moving you're not getting anywhere. If you're moving you're either going forwards or back. So while some things are on a back swing in life right now I sure appreciate the moments I'm going forward and life is on the upswing. Positivity, gratitude, hope, I need it everyday.

No comments: