Sunday, October 18, 2015

Pumpkin season

The above is the kids showing off their painted pumpkins last Sunday. 
(Casey said Kendal looked like a little old lady with her bun, little bag, and the dress up pearls as we went into church.)

Casey's team went to Buhl this week to play. They lost so they are 3 and 3. This next week they play Filer to finish up the season.
Some days keeping my kids fed and happy is all I accomplish, once in a while my inner domestic houselady comes out. Thursday I made apple cinnamon bread for us, and a potluck for Casey's school, and since Casey's had a cold ask week I made home made noodles for some home made chicken noodle soup. The next day I busted out a ton of cookies for our ward harvest party. (My hands have been paying the price since, but I love providing home made goodness for my family.)
 Yep I'm the awesome Mom who gives the little tablet time so Mommy can do her thing. 
(Naps only last so long.)
Friday out wards had their harvest dinner / party. The scouts and young women did some carnival games with the kids. They got to do a cake walk, pumpkin bowling, bean bag toss, and play around with buddies.
Saturday Casey took Peter to a kids event at a Nursery in Twin. They got to do a hay maze, decorate a cookie, and play some games.

Kendal and I were at the church practicing with the primary for our upcoming program. I ended up sitting with Kendal's wiggly class because her teachers could make it. Kendal has worked hard and has her part memorized for the program. We ended practice with pizza and cookies.
After we got home we had David, Becca, and Thomas over to play. We went for a walk to play at the park in Ballard's Way. The kids played pretend while Thomas and I played peek-a-boo and pushed the stroller around.
It's been so warm we've got up the park quite a bit lately and enjoyed being outside. Casey fixed Peter's broken bike and changed Kendal's flat tire (out neighborhood has A LOT of thistles around) so hopefully we'll get in some more bike riding before the weather turns.

No comments: