Monday, October 5, 2015

My conference notes

I loved conference this year. I doodled and noted all through the sessions and am looking forward to rehearing all that was said. While I didn't have any questions or needs in my mind going into the sessions there were definitely countless talks that uplifted me, spoke to me, and inspired me.
 My heart swelled as I watched our dear Prophet have some moments of weakness as he spoke. He truly has the weight of our church on his shoulders. I love and admire him and the apostles for all that they do and the amazing men they are. I pray for them all as they carry our church and its people through these perilous times we live in.

Some thoughts / quotes that touched me. 
- “this life is the time … to prepare to meet God."  It is not the time to receive all of our blessings. She also said "I believe that if we could daily remember and recognize the depth of the love that our Heavenly Father and our Savior have for us, we would be willing to do anything They asked to be back in Their presence again." - Sister Reeves 
- "God didn’t design us to be sad. He created us to have joy! So if we trust Him, He will help us to notice the good, bright, hopeful things of life."
"Exaltation is our goal, discipleship is our journey."
"The Gospel fills our hearts with hope and our minds with light." - Uchtdorf
- Like the clay on a potters wheel we must be centered in Christ. . . If our lives our centered in Christ he will mold us into who we can be.  - Elder Maynes
- None of us marry perfection, we marry Potential. - Elder Hales
- No love comes closer except Jesus, than the love of a mother for her child. - Holland (Really I loved his whole talk. Holland is one of my favorite speakers.)
- We must choose the light. . .  we must build our own light. - Elder Stanfill
- "Do not give up, NEVER GIVE UP." - Elder Martino
- "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot cure." Our savior knows the full range of all we endure, He knows of our anguish and is there for us. It is for all of us who ask. - Elder Oaks.
- You cannot have faith and doubt together. Example in word, conversation, of the Savior, of the Spirit, of Faith. - President Monson
- Women are defenders of morality and family. Nothing is more crucial than a covenant keeping woman. - Elder Nelson
- Let the notes of the gospel rise above the world. Hold to the rod. . . never let go. - Elder Schwitzer
- Claim the gift of the Holy Ghost. We need a constant influence of the spirit to dispell doubts.
- The family and the church strengthen each other. - Elder Christoferson
- "Ponderize" ?
-When you cant do what you have always done, you do what maters most (speaking about apostles and prophets, really anyone ; ). - Elder Bendar
I can't wait to go over these wonderful talks again and the talks I may have missed.

No comments: