Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

This year our Thanksgiving was in Logan with my family. Wednesday morning Casey and Kendal went with Brett, David, and Becca up the mountain to get a Christmas tree for Brett's house. I under-prepared Kendal for the snowy terrain , but she had fun trolloping around with her cousins, eating plenty of snow, and taking her time to follow the boys. After they returned we headed to Logan. We enjoyed dinner with my family and played games that night. Andy took Campbell and Kendal out to see The Penguins of Madagascar. They enjoyed the movie and were quoting it the rest of our vacation.
Thursday We ate Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house with my immediate family. Nana, and Cody were also able to join us. Kendal was so eager to start eating she finished her fruit salad before we sat down to pray. We ate our fill and shared what we are thankful for. We headed out to my Grandma's house later that evening for Pie. Casey and David braved Wal-mart's opening to get tablets and a game. My mom and I headed out later on when the lines and crowds had died down. We got a few good scores on our trip.

Friday morning the kids had fun playing together. Casey was recruited to help my Dad for a couple of days so he went out to work for the day. The kids made rockets and paper plate crafts. Andy and I took them to Jump Time. The kids had fun burning off some energy. Kendal adored the rope swing that was over a foam pit and spent most of her time there. Peter was all over the place enjoying himself. Campbell enjoyed the swing and the basketball hoop the most.

Friday Afternoon we went out to my Grandma's house to help her put away some fall decor and start on her Christmas decorating. The kids love their Nana. Kendal had fun being a helper and putting away Cherished Teddies and helping with boxes. Seeing all of Nana's Christmas decor made me reminisce about Christmas' growing up and the fun times we had with family. We ended back at my parents where we got to play games. Casey went out to a late movie with Cody. They saw Intersteller.
Saturday morning we made peanut clusters (A Loosle tradition). The kids played play dough and begged for the chocolate goodness the whole time. My Mom sister and I took the kids to Novemberfest (A local holiday craft fair held every year). It was nice to get out and there were some cute things for sale.

We ended our trip to Logan going to Gossners for some flavored milk and discount cheeses. The kids devoured their chocolate milk on our way out of town. We spent the evening in Raft River visiting Casey's parents.
"Peter doing while we were at my parents" My Dad and brother were looking at boom trucks for fun. They showed Peter and asked if he wanted to go in on it with them. My Dad asked if he would give up his blanket and his Monkey. Peter said No, but he'd give Kendal's Duckie for it : )

Today we decorated for Christmas. The kids love the nativity my parents gave them and the tree has been on all afternoon glowing with holiday happiness. This week is busy with Basketball and my rotation of preschool.  


We have a tradition of doing "thankful" leaves for one of our FHE's and displaying them for the month.
Here is what we're thankful for this year.
Casey - sun, job, good students, Mommy, technology, examples, knowledge, smiles, teachers
Marianne - Heavenly Father, gospel, laughter, time with my Casey, Temples, music, repentance
Kendal - our family, strength, clothes/shoes, seasons, primary, brother, learning, church, love
Peter - Christ, Monkey /Duck, tractor, Grandpa's and Grandma's, food, sister, toys, bikes, Aunts


Above pictures (Kendal and Peter trying to do a next generation photo in grandma's tub like the ones I took with my siblings when we were little.) (Casey gladly ending his Movember and taking one last shot before he shaved.)

No comments: