Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Years

We had a low key New Year's Eve this year. Casey was scheduled to have basketball practice, but the girls talked them out of if so he had an unexpected night off. For the past couple of years we've gotten to be around family and have some fun game nights with Kendal staying up way way too late. This year we were happy to have a fun night at home making pizza and a special treat with the kids, we made blower's and put the kids to bed on time. Casey and I watched Superman, and the bonus features till 11:40 got ready for bed, kissed at midnight and went to bed ourselves. It was a simple and perfect for us this year.
I do have a few New Years goals this year. I want to drink more water and be more physically fit. I don't need to loose weight but I know I could be in better shape than I am. I'm doing well with the water, but I detest being cold, and running so we'll see what I can do to get fit.
Another goal I have this year, which is my main goal is to be a better role model for my kids. I don't count myself as a bad Mom, but I have my moments of impatience and times when I could do or say things differently.
Joseph B. Wirthlen stated.
"The things that you say, the tone of your voice, the anger or calm of your words - these things are noticed by your children and by others. They see and learn both the kind and unkind things we say or do. Nothing exposes our true selves more than how we treat one another in the home."
I connect with these words because sometimes I see how Kendal is with her brother and I wonder if I taught her that. It is my and Casey's job to teach, nurture, and love our kids. I am doing my best to go into this year harboring more patience with what life dishes out and being a good role model for my kids to learn from and follow.

No comments: