Monday, July 4, 2011

Red, White, and boo hoo weekend

Friday night started our fourth of July weekend. We watched our final set of fireworks living at Aggie Village. I must say growing up I usually had a good view living in North Logan; but living in Aggie Village has given us an awesome view these past few years. It was a good night with some of the family. Kendal was all over the place for a while, but during fireworks she sat with us watching and saying "BOOM" with auntie Katherine.

Saturday took us down to Farmington to crash a family reunion. My Ernstrom cousins were all together for the holiday's and family fun; and they extended an invitation to join in the fun. So we went down and picnicked with them and then enjoyed a little train ride with some of the kids. Good to see some family that i rarely see!





Sunday took us to church. I spent most of my time in Nursery with Kendal. She does awesome when distracted and when she's into the activity. But if she sees Casey and i try to sneak out; all bets are off, Screaming - Throw up - etc. (Let's just say we are working on it, and we are DEEPLY sorry to all of the nursery workers) Sacrament was wonderful. Kendal went down by herself for a nap and i enjoyed listening to many testimonies about families, and being proud to be American / LDS. It's always nice to be reminded of how special and important family is. It was heartwarming to feel the spirit and familial love.
Today on the fourth we had a good start to the day. We had a picnic with family to look forward to. While slicing potatoes for the dutch oven i ended up taking a chunk of my finger tip off. So I've spent my day with a wrapped up / tender / unhappy finger. (Boo hoo) After my amputation we went over to my parents for a small picnic. My cousin Billie and her daughter Emma were there. Emma is Campbell's age; and so so adorable. Billie brought some fun surprises and the girls had fun playing for the afternoon. So to end our lovely fourth, we're staying in. Casey kindly bathed Kendal and we'll probability watch some fireworks on TV.




Happy Fourth of July - I hope your weekend was good, and didn't result with a red finger, a white face, and a boo hoo attitude.



No comments: