Thursday, June 30, 2011

New

Casey and i received a lamp for our wedding. I never really liked the look of the lamp so i decided to change it. Casey is usually my go to to fix up anything. This time he said it was my project. (Yikes!) I knew it wouldn't be too bad it was mostly making decisions which is very hard for Casey and i (we are very undecidable). Through much contemplation and a little guidance i completed my new lamp.

Before


After (added some paint, a new lampshade with a deep purple trim and tada!)

Is it perfect . . No . . Do i think it is 100% better than before . . Yes!


Since our beloved book store has gone from Logan Casey has been toying with the idea of an ereader. He was torn between the awesome Nook color, and the Kindle. Nook color had so many apps and awesome features that it was hard not to want it, but Casey thought about his needs and what he'd really be using it for and decided on the Kindle. So with some money from his graduation and my birthday we bought ourselves a new Kindle. Casey is happy with the purchase and i know he'll be reading a lot from it. I've already downloaded Alice in Wonderland to read to Kendal.

When we first opened it Kendal wanted to see it, so Casey showed it to her and she immediately put it up to her ear like a cell phone. Funny girl!


I recently received a bonus grant from my job so Casey and i decided to spend it on some much needed new couches (we've had a horrid 70's hand me down couch for the past few years) and a new washer and dryer. I'll be so happy not to have to haul my laundry to my parents every week. (Sorry mom, i enjoy the visits, but not having to do laundry at your house)

No comments: