Pete had his district track meet on the 28th. I was up in the booth that day running the computers along with Amy, so my cheering on of Pete was from a distance and I didn't get to see every second of every race, but I know Casey did since he was down in the action. Pete took second in his Tripple Jump with a personal best of 31' 10 inches! He had a personal best of 5:35 (beat his old PB by about 30 sec.) and got third place just a breath apart from Austin. He got second with 2:32 and another personal best in the 800. His 4x4 team also took second! Overall it was a great day for him. He worked so hard this season and was able to see the results week after week with good times and great finishes! (Pictures of Pete are curtesy Shaylah - she's the best!- the first is a shot I have is of Alice, Becca, and Kendal traipsing around the field.)
Kendal had a last chance meet on the 29th. Casey ended up in the booth helping Amy that day so I was able to be down watching her race. Kendal got a season best on her two mile with a 16:33 and was around her average in the mile with 7:34.
Her district track meet was this last week spread over two days. On Wednesday she ran the two mile. She didn't feel great in her run and ended up with one of her slower times. On Thursday she ran the mile and was just shy of a season best and a few seconds off of a personal best. Kendal puts a lot of work into running and while she doesn't always get the results she hopes for she continues to drive and push herself in many ways. Not going to lie she's talked a lot about anticipating Cross Country season lately and I had to keep reminding her she still had a track season to finish. I'm glad she still chooses to do track even when her heart enjoys Cross X more. (I was up in the box both days helping, but you bet I was cheering her on obnoxiously from the top of the stands, and snuck down as close as I could to snap some pictures before running back up to my post.)
May 2 - Casey has gotten us into geocaching more and more in recent years. He uses an app so we can find a bunch around the area. He took the kids out to find a few the morning of the 2nd. Pete and Kendal were off with friends that afternoon so we took Alice out to find a handful of caches around Twin. Alice and Casey created their own cache that evening and hid it in our neighborhood. Alice has wanted to check on it often - we obliged on Saturday and saw that a few people had found the cache and written on the paper!
Pete has been begging Casey to make homemade Ramen so Casey finally bought all of the ingredients and made a very delicious Ramen for us last Sunday!
Kendal had her spring piano recital on May 5th. She played two beautiful pieces and did a wonderful job. I love hearing her play and am grateful she continues to enjoy and flourish with the piano!
We had hobby day with the Middle School on Friday. There are numerous options that the students get to choose from and they go on a field trip for half of a day to enjoy them. Casey went with a group to Ax throwing. I went with a group to the Hands On ceramics place. Pete went with Tanner to Top golf (Golf simulator). All of our groups were near South Street Market so we ended up there for lunch (along with the jump time, Gemstone, retail therapy, and Rudy's groups. Other students went fishing, bowling, kayaking, golfing, and swimming. Plus a few groups at the school doing floral, chocolate making, man cave, and gaming. Overall it's a really neat and cool opportunity for the kms students to have a blast doing things they enjoy.
We decided to expand / add some flower bed areas in our yard, so this past Saturday we dug in (literally)! Casey took out a bunch of sod in the front to widen that area to match our neighbors and make it easier to mow. We also added a row of dirt in the back to put in some flowers from the greenhouse class that Kendal's been in! All the kids helped in different ways as well as cleaning up the house as my Mother's day present. It was a physically tough day, but a rewarding one for sure!
Mothers day morning was very easy going and nice. We got to chat with my Mom and wish her a happy Mother's day. Church was nice and Kendal and I even ditched out of the chatting session of relief society since that's neither of our favorite part of the day. After church we went out to Raft River to celebrate and have dinner with Cheryl and Kenny. We chatted the afternoon away and enjoyed time with them celebrating Mother's day. It was a wonderful day all around! I am beyond lucky to be a Mother to three amazing kids. They are remarkable in so many ways and I'm constantly in awe of all that they know and do. It is a privilege to get to be their Mom and I hope they know I love them so very very much!
Kendal had her BPA banquet night tonight. She was recognized for her work this year and her making it to State in her event!
We're in the home stretch of school. 9 more days with the students and then some work days to finish out the year. I can't lie I've been counting down the days that I'm done teaching my current set of students for Exploring Academics (not a school count down, but a how many days do I have to teach this to these people count down). It's been a year of growth and hard days for me. I'm not going to lie I've dreaded more days that I care to count with this class this year. Next year I will be creating a new class / curriculum that I hope I can put some passion and fun into and have more students that want to learn and not just "have to learn" or choose to "whatever" their way through my classes.
As always a few random pictures "jus for fun"!













.jpg)





















No comments:
Post a Comment