Monday, April 10, 2017

Tres blessed

We had the opportunity to have Alice blessed this past weekend along with her cousin James!

My parents and sister came up Friday Afternoon. Peter and Kendal loved the surprise of having them come early. They even brought up Rouge One that Casey and I haven't seen that we watched that night. The kids got their bellies filled with treats and their evening filled with fun! Saturday was spent relaxing around the house. My Dad has had it rough lately with a load of health issues so we had an easy day. The kids got lots of play time in (Kendal and Peter learned how to play Rack-o with Grandma, Grandpa, and Katherine). David, Anica, and Elliot joined us that afternoon. The kids happily played around. Andy, Campbell, Kimberly, Jacob, Noah, and Hailey joined us around dinner time. We went to Culvers to eat out. Peter rode with David and Anica. Both he and Elliot fell asleep in the car. Peter didn't touch his dinner probably because he'd been at his friend Elijah's party earlier. Afterwards everyone came back to hang out at our house for a bit.
Sunday morning was busy getting ready food / kids / self. We made it to church early, and were surrounded by family before long. We were lucky to have everyone (minus Cody and Mia) come to the blessing. Alice had one full group of amazing men that love her and helped in the blessing. Casey gave a very sweet blessing. I'm so grateful for the priesthood power which he upholds! I got up and gave a testimony (shaky voice / full of nerves / not a public speaker : /,. I don't share often but I feel it's important on events such as blessings to share with my loved ones my testimony. After the meeting we grabbed a couple of quick pictures and then the crew scattered. The Loosle's went to see the falls, and have some chill time and the Darrington's rushed over to the Birch street church for James' blessing. I quick fed Alice at home and handed her off (along with a grumpy Peter) to my family to watch while Casey, Kendal, and I went to the blessing. It was another great blessing surrounded by wonderful men and family. After church we all gathered at Brett and Vanessa's for a luncheon. The food was good, the company was large (near fifty of us between the three families : ), and the afternoon was wonderful.





I'm so grateful that we've been lucky / blessed to have a third addition to our family. Alice is a sweet end to our little trio and I count my blessings everyday that I get to have my sweet kids and a wonderful husband in my life. I am so grateful for the families we come from. Their examples, love, support, care, etc. mean the world to us and we are truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. I'm grateful for the gospel, for my Heavenly Father and his plan which includes my beloved Savior and makes my earthly family eternal!

No comments: