Friday, March 10, 2017

Hot Tub, goals, and booties!

Casey took the Kendal and Peter to an extended family Darrington reunion last weekend. They left Friday night and headed to Albion. They went to an old college there that's been converted to a retreat / destination and every fall they make up a couple of the old buildings into haunted houses. Casey's grandma Darrington actually went to college there back in her day. They stayed in a building that's been converted to a dormitory type lodge that large groups can stay in. Saturday morning the kids were up bright and early and convinced Casey to let them in the Hot Tub. I got a text at 7:30 with a picture of them enjoying the hot tub with some second cousins. They got to go sledding in the morning. They had tons of fun; but sadly the sled they took broke apart after awhile and Peter was pretty devastated over it. Later in the afternoon while the others went to a local hot springs our crew stayed and went in the hot tub with Grandpa! After dinner they got a tour of the museum and abandoned buildings. Kendal didn't like it because it was "haunted". But she talks about it so excitedly that I think she enjoyed it more than she was scared from it. Both kids had so much fun playing with cousins and second cousins!

Alice and I hung out at home, ran some errands, watched The Great British Baking Show, and had a relaxing Friday to Saturday evening. It was odd not having the other two kids around, but the peace was nice for a day : ). 
We're continuing to work on goals for Peter. This week he passed off his goal of counting to 100 without help or visual prompts! He finally earned his next reward (it was between goo and a robot pillowcase. He picked the pillowcase and loves it!) Also I have to put a picture of how he organizes his animals on his bed. Lately he's been so wonderful at picking up and organizing toys and other things around the house. I love it until he's on Kendal's case because she didn't put the couch pillows back that he had just cleaned up. I laugh because he gets this ocd / organized side from me. Yet he sleeps like his daddy. Kendal is a bit more disorganized but sleeps like me (with every blanket possible piled high on top of her). It's funny / amusing yet sometimes scary when the kids have attributes like Casey and I ; ).
Extra picture is of Peter "helping" with Alice's bath. He's so great with her and I love his attachment to her.



I put these booties on Alice this week and couldn't help but smile and reminisce. These booties mean so much to me! Ten years ago I saw these booties at the store and loved them so much I bought them. I wasn't pregnant, but Casey and I were hoping we soon would be. Little did we know it would be longer and harder than we ever imagined to have our kids. However; we've been blessed with three beautiful children that have filled these booties, our lives, and most of all our hearts!


No comments: