Monday, September 12, 2016

Drum roll please!


 This little lady will be joining our family in mid January 2017!!


We found out the gender of our soon to be little one today! Kendal and Casey were at school, and Peter insisted on being surprised along with Daddy and Kendal so he went to Aunt Vanessa's house. The kids requested a cake, so I baked a pink cake that they got to cut into after dinner and baths tonight. The kids were both super excited and jumped up and down for a bit over the news. Kendal has wanted a girl since the beginning, and Peter a boy. I knew though they'd be fine with whatever it was and excitement is contagious so Kendal is thrilled and Peter happy. We took a pole among family. My side of the family, minus David and Nana chose girl. Casey's whole side minus Terry and Nicole were guessing a boy. Casey said girl because at some point the boy girl ratio has to start shifting in our families and I've been on the fence the whole time, but kinda felt girl too this past week.
I went solo to my appointment this morning. We were able to tell right off the bat that the baby is a Girl! However when it came to giving us a good head shot she was being camera shy; and even had both arms across her face at one point. She is healthy and growing well. I am technically due the 22nd of January, but since I'll be a c-section she'll come a week earlier. It'll be in the depths of basketball season for Casey, but we'll make it all work out. 
 

No comments: