Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter

We headed down to Logan for Easter weekend. Saturday morning the the boys took the kids to Home Depot for their kids workshop activity. They made flower pot holders and panted flowers in a pot. It was great bonding time for the kids to build with Grandpa and their dad's. We thought we'd hit up a couple of egg hunts after so we headed to a local park. Apparently the parks egg hunt had two different dates/ times posted on different web sites so we (along with many other confused peeps) missed that one. We headed to the mall and did their hunt. The kids had fun after playing on the bouncy slides the mall had set up. We ended by going to Lee's. We got to meet the Easter Bunny and walk around the store for some goodies (apple, chocolate milk, cheese, crackers, a cookie, and a prize). It was perfect to start the kids' lunch.

The whole family came together at lunch and spent the afternoon watching conference and enjoying family time.  That evening kids had fun dying eggs and playing outside till the boys came back from the priesthood session. We ended the evening celebrating my Mom's birthday with a yummy carrot cake (Grandma McAllister's recipe : ). {Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!!}

Sunday morning the kids hunted for their baskets and eggs. Campbell and Kendal were happy with their loot and Peter just wanted to get at his candy. So yes he ate a chocolate bunny, jelly beans, and who knows what else before we took away his basket so he would eat breakfast.



The kids were busy playing all morning. When the morning session of conference ended we fed the kids and scooted them outside to get some energy out by playing, bike riding, and going on a walk. I put Peter down for a nap during the afternoon session of conference and Kendal and Campbell played in a fort Casey built.
When conference finished we had a yummy dinner of Easter classics (ham, potatoes, rolls, fruit cup, green bean casserole). We spent some more time outside and enjoying family time and delicious pina-colada's before we headed home. We got some great snuggles in with baby Elliot, and the kids had a blast being spoiled and loved by family.

I definitely feel like I missed a lot of conference (Easter fun, family time, noisy kids). I'm grateful for the ability to go back and listen to the talks and love getting my ensign so I can go over them again and highlight what I want. I love the Gospel. I am honored to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. I sustain the Prophet and leaders of the church. They are amazing men with so much knowledge and wisdom. They share God's council and love with us all, and care for us all. I know I am a beloved child of God. He loves me and accepts me faults and all. I know Christ lives. He suffered, died and was resurrected so that we can all live again. He alone knows what I go through, he eases my burdens and lifts me up. I am grateful for Eternal Families and am so blessed by the families Casey and I come from and the one we've created together.

No comments: