Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thankful for talents

Continuing with my finding positivity vibe I'd like to pause every now and then to write about life, being thankful, being happy, etc.
I am thankful for talents.  I consider myself no expert on really anything in life, but I'm grateful to have talent in some ways.
- Cooking; I've come a long way from a newlywed basic cook to finding a good recipe, perfecting it, and making it my own. I love to see when my food is enjoyed and consumed. I don't cater to my kids for meals so I am grateful when they love / devour a meal. I enjoy baking. I love home made rolls, breads, sweets, and pizza's.
- Creativity; While I can name countless people more creative than me, I shouldn't discount that I can be creative. I enjoy putting together fun activities for preschool, doing fun activities / crafts with my kids, or making something for my home. I like to sew. I'm no match for my Mom with a sewing machine, but she taught me a lot and I like to create and make things regularly.

I would also like to shine a light on a few of my little families talents.

Kendal - Kendal is so very loving and social. While some might not view it as a talent I do. I consider myself to be an introvert; I avoid being in the center of things and am not very active in discussion outside the home so having a daughter like Kendal is amazing to behold.  Kendal warms up to people and makes friends easily. She will talk your ear off and loves to love others. She showers us with hugs, kisses, and sweet compliments every day. Kendal is smart. She is reading very well for her age and loves learning about new things.

Peter - He has the ability to make us smile and laugh. I believe it is a talent to bring a smile to others and Peter does that with us every day.  Peter speaks well. While I don't always see his verbal skills as advanced We hear praises from his church leaders, friends, and family that he talks very well for his age and has a good vocabulary.

Casey - Casey is academically talented. He's so smart and has such a vast knowledge. I'm envious of how easily learning and schooling comes to him. He is very good at working out things whether it's fixing something or working through a problem. If he doesn't know he'll look it up right away and learn all he can about it. Hard working: Casey works hard in all that he does. He puts his all into teaching and coaching. He cares so much about their success and helping them become better. He works hard in his church callings. Every calling Casey has had he puts in a lot of effort to make it good. He works hard at home with the kids and me. He is helpful (willing to cook : D, and is a great Dad who takes time to play with the kids, teaches them, and loves us all.


I'm so thankful for my family and the many talents that make us special and the unique individuals we are. I'm grateful for the our extended family who have shared their many talents with us, taught us with their talents, and been great examples to us.

 These two love their pillow cases from Grandma Loosle. Thanks for sharing your talents Grandma!

No comments: