Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Together

 My parents and sister Katherine came to visit over the weekend. It's nice living closer to family; it makes it so we get to see each other more often. My parents came up Friday. They showed us their new car and we hung out for the afternoon. We got caught up on family happenings and played with the kids. Saturday was a wet and overcast day so we chose to go to the museum at CSI. It was a small museum with a few things Kendal could do. Peter was fascinated with the iguana. Kendal liked the dinosaur bones, the florescent room, and the butterflies. There was a touch n feel station where kids could put their hand in a box and guess the object (i.e. antler, grass, fur). Kendal refused; she was terrified something might get her. The museum has a neat planetarium but we didn't go in because the previous show was cut off, and Peter was cranky climbing everything and wanting to touch everything. We went to the book store after. Kendal could spent an infinite amount of time being read to but we couldn't stay forever. We made homemade fiddle faddle and watched a show together Saturday evening. On Sunday we went to church together and a Pizza dinner that afternoon, then my Parents and Sister headed home.  Peter was sad to see them go and asked for Bampa (Grandpa) the rest of day after they left.






Last night for family home evening we talked about being an eternal family and all the things we can do here on earth that will help us be a forever family. Kendal loves the temple and we learned more about the covenants we can make with Heavenly Father in our lifetime beginning with baptism and continuing in the temple and at home. I feel blessed knowing I come from an eternal family and I have gotten to help create an eternal family with Casey and our children. I love this gospel and the fact that through my Saviors atonement I get to return to my Father in Heaven and dwell with my loved ones forever.

This week preschool is at our house. The topics are trust and confidence. I got to sit back and watch the kids make their own peanut butter sandwiches. As much as I wanted to jump in and help with sandwiches it was good to see them learn and try new things. The kids listened to The little engine that could and made trains to go along with the story. David and Kendal were saying "I think I can, I think I can" the rest of preschool. We went outside and the kids worked on challenges. They balanced, kicked a ball, and jumped. We did each thing a few times and each time the kids got to see how much better they could do.

No comments: