Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spring Break

Spring break began with saying goodbye to some of my wisdom teeth on Monday. A couple of years ago I found out I had a couple of extra wisdom teeth that they missed when I was a teenager. These two pesky teeth have been a real bother for quite a while now and I'm grateful I was able to get them out. The procedure went well, and I've had a decent recovery (Minus the medication making my stomach go nuts). When I woke up from the procedure I seemed lucid to Casey, but I don't remember much of getting home. Casey keeps laughing about how I acted when I was supposedly "all there".  Two hot/cold pack snowmen my Mom made have been my best buddies all week, and eating has been a challenge.
With me having my teeth out we didn't make any major plans for our break, but had a list of things we wanted to get done (spring cleaning / projects). We got some lumber and Casey built a TV stand this week. It just needs some sanding and paint and it will be complete! Kendal liked going and "helping" Casey build. She mostly tinkered with random tools and and played around in the garage. Kendal's been wanting to plant and grow a garden. So we bought a couple of simple planters that can go on the deck, and we'll grow some herbs, tomatoes, carrots and flowers this year. We got the seeds started this week. Kendal loved helping pour in the dirt and plant the seeds on her own.

TV stand in progress. I'll post pictures once it's sanded / painted.
Casey went fishing with Brett on Tuesday and on Friday we all went with the kids to some ponds near Filer. I detest fish / fishing, but time with my family is what matters so I went along. We had quite the crew there with six adults and nine kids running around. When Pete wasn't in explorer mode he did really well holding onto the pole and sitting in the chair. Once we finally got all of the poles ready and cast, we waited and waited with no results. We watched some people on a little dock catch fish after fish wondering what their secret was. When they had caught their limit and left we ran over and took the prime spot within no time at all we were catching fish. We caught about 8 fish. Each kid got to "help" catch a fish. I even had to start reel in some fish a couple of times (luckily they got away, again I hate fish and won't touch / eat them). The kids had a blast exploring, fishing, and getting rocks (Kendal's pockets were full).






No comments: