Thursday, November 7, 2013

Preschool and such

With a quick change of plans because Becca is sick I had the preschool kids today. I went over the plan last night, simplified, took out, and added things; then I went into today with no major expectations. While I don't feel the kids picked up much on the topic of the day (friendship/communication). They were engaged in most of what I did and loved the card table house I had up. We made thumbuddy prints with paint. David and Kendal got messy with the paint and decided to decorate my walls with pink and red handprints. Time outs were given (without argument, they knew that were being nauty). Gotta love these little kids. ; )

Casey started basketball this week. He has a decent but small freshman team. It will take time to get names down and to get used to the different coaching approaches. Casey's first quarter is over. As with every school he has good kids, talk way to much kids, and what the what kids. His grading pile is never ending and some days are longer than others but overall he is enjoying this year.

Kendal turns four in about a week. She is super exited and can't wait for surprizes (presents), balloons, cake, and seeing family. Casey's first game is on her birthday so we get to go cheer him on and celebrate with family the next day.

Peter has had a rough week. His molars are coming in, he had a wicked bad cold, a bad rash, and his sleep schedule is off. On a positive note he is starting to say a few words (not all are completely discernable yet, but we hear them).

I have started reading Enders Game. (Scify nerdy book for boys - in my eyes) Since my to read list is low right now and the movie just came out I thought I could connect a bit with my husband and hopefully get in a movie date night with his when I'm done.

No comments: