Friday, May 10, 2013

Motherhood is . . .

Motherhood is a noble birthright, an honor, a privilege, a joy and a blessing. I know all of this is true about being a Mom. As a young Mom I'm afraid I don't always have these views of motherhood in my front most thoughts. Right now I feel motherhood is being a human jungle gym, personal cook, constantly cleaning, lecturing, hugging, laughing, crying, stressed, giving loves, looking disheveled with spit up or boogies on me, teaching, playing or reading the same thing over and over, etc. etc. It doesn't happen often when I actually sit back and think about the noble work I'm doing. I mostly ponder on my blunders and what I should do better for my family.

Knowing mother's day is coming I have recently put how I am as a mother and how I want to be as a mother under review. I want to have more happiness in my home. Some days as a mother bring a lot of stress, I admit I'm no treat to be around on those days and I know my attitude can be reflected upon the rest of my family. I want to rely more on my Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ. It is by their example and having faith and hope that I can be more successful as a mom. I only have to look to my Savior Jesus Christ and follow his example of having faith, virtue, knowledge, patience, kindness, charity, humility, diligence, etc.  I know being a parent is never going to be easy and having more happiness and Christ like attributes in my home is not going to happen overnight, but I will try. My kids deserve the world; they are my pride and my joy. I truly love them so very very much.  While it's not always in my thoughts I do truly appreciate the privilege, blessing, joy, honor, etc. that is being a mom.
 




There are times when I think about raising kids in these later days and I get overwhelmed. My children will face so much more than I ever had to and it is my and Casey's job to make sure they are raised well and set to live in this crazy mixed up world. I am truly grateful for my upbringing. I have such wonderful parents who raised me well, as does Casey. Our parents have done and still do so much for us. I only hope to live up to the wonderful example they have set for us.
I love you Mom, and Mom D. You are both wonderful mother's who I look up to and am so thankful to have you in my life.  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! 

2 comments:

Janalee said...

What a beautiful post! Your kids are so Beautiful. Its easy to see how much you love them. Happy Mother's day!

Sarah and Terry said...

loved this post! you are an amazing mama and I look up to you in so many ways-happy mothers day!