Friday, May 3, 2013

Challis

Casey has 12 school days left in his school year. He is ready for the summer break.  As of now it looks like we'll be staying in Challis another year. We've looked at our options and feel it's probably a good decision to stay here another year. Casey gets to add AP classes to his schedule (so he'll have 9th world history, and AP for sure), the rest is up in the air again. He may do finance, and current events, or they might shove something else onto his plate. He is kind of nervous about teaching AP, it's a bigger deal because it's like shoving two college classes into one high school class. I know it will add some stress, but he'll do well and enjoy it. Casey is also looking forward to coaching again. He'll have a few tournaments this summer with the team that he gets to help with.
To but it bluntly I am less than thrilled to be staying here in Challis. Living in Challis this past year has had it's challenges, but I'm trying to get over some issues I have with living here and want to go into this next school year with more optimism. As much as I complain I really am thankful to be staying here in Challis. I understand what another year here will do for Casey and his career, and that overrides my dislike of Challis.
We are really looking forward to this summer. Casey gets a much deserved break from teaching, we get more time outside, and best of all we get to see family. : D

No comments: