Sunday, October 3, 2021

Let's go, win!

It was Homecoming week, the week of the 20th-24th. Kendal dressed up a few days (PJ day, spirit day, and exercise day). Peter dressed up for sports day and I didn't let him do school spirit day because it fell on school picture day. I took Alice to the Homecoming parade since everyone else watched it with their schools. Alice was very selective with her candy so the kids around us got a lot. Peter and Casey went to the football game that night. Peter runs around with pals while Casey's up in the booth helping spot players and read off names / numbers for the announcer. I'm not a fan of a cold metal bench and my kids running in all different directions / demanding snacks so the girls and I watched a movie at home. 


Casey was gifted football tickets from a friend and got to pick up his Dad and head down to Provo for a BYU game on the 25th! (Casey's words - He had an enjoyable time, it was a late night, watched a good game, and had a good time with his Dad!) Because it was a late night they ended up staying over and driving home Sunday morning. 

 

While Casey was gone I canned apple sauce and took the kids to a local park. It was a good energy release for the kids. On the way home we picked up Chick-Fil-A and then watched some shows to end our evening. 



Peter's had three games in the past couple of weeks. (One got cancelled to hold a vigil for a young student going through cancer right now.) His team has won all three games. In this last game he scored a goal! He's a good aggressive player and works really hard (Casey - "Most of the time he listens to his coach" ; ) I got to steal away from practice and watch Peter a bit for his game this last Thursday. It's fun to see him play! Casey is so awesome for coaching the kids. He's constantly yelling out and helping them play their best on the field. 


Kendal had games the past two Saturday's. She lost all of her games on the 25th, and won some this last week. Her games are always the earliest in the morning making for some tired girls, but when we can get them ready and focused they do well! This next Saturday is our tournament. The teams are stacked against us, but we'll see how far we can go with the great girls we've got! 

I helped put together a primary party for our new ward. We did a treasure / scavenger hunt in the city park. Kendal came to help with the little kids. Peter had fun running around with his pals. Alice enjoyed herself as well! Primary has kind of been a mess this past month. We are far from having all of the gaps from the ward changes filled so our Sundays are a bit chaotic (we'll get there). 

Work is going well for me. I'm in the groove of things and even though I feel like my to do list is never ending I know I'm getting things done. Casey's still got a lot on his plate, he's amazing for managing it all and helping me so much (especially this week when I've been sick). 

No comments: