Monday, June 18, 2018

Summer Darrington get together!

This weekend we went to Pocatello to have our summer Darrington get together. We made it there Friday evening. Peter happily dove into play with his cousins and pulling out super hero costumes. We had a dinner and let the kids enjoy playing the evening away in the back yard. Since the house was overflowing we opted to stay in a tent outside. The first night Alice blessedly slept through the night, however it poured rain for a few hours. Casey woke up just after three to a flooded cot and tried to shelter me a bit, then joined the kids in the middle on the air mattress. I lasted on my cot a while longer, but once my sleeping bag was soaked through I wiggled my way onto the air mattress to join the crew. We woke early to two very wet cots and blankets but relatively dry cluster of us in the middle. Saturday we let the kids play the morning away around the yard. The adults had a washers tournament. Casey and I were on the losing end, but had fun nonetheless. After lunch we took the kids to a bounce house place for an hour. The kids had so much fun getting their wiggles out and bouncing non-stop. We had the kids watch a movie for some down time afterwards. Later we pulled out a water bounce house for the kids. They didn't last long in the water, but played their hearts out around the yard. We ended the evening with Smores. Luckily we had a drier night even though their was a bit of rain and lightning around, plus Alice was up a few timestimes. The kids blessedly slept till 7:40 though (yay, way longer than the household counterparts ; ). We had an easy going Sunday morning with kids playing here and there. We all went to church at Nicole and Jordan's ward. After church we had a dinner and more cousin time for awhile. It's always a fun, crazy few days together. I wouldn't want it any other way and I love how much fun these cousins have together. Bonds strengthened and memories made for a lifetime.

 

  

 

 



We gave Casey his father's day before wet left Friday. The kids gave him a card, and socks that say world's best dad that had candy in them. He also got pistachios, a fishing hat, and a weather predictor bulb. He is truly the best Dad to these three! I couldn't have asked for a better man to be by my side through this parenthood journey. It's absolutely true great men make great dad's and I'm surrounded by many in my life (Dad, Dad D, Casey, brothers, and brother in laws - love you all!)

No comments: