Thursday, November 12, 2015

Early November

We had our first snow fall last week. The kids loved watching the snow come down and they wanted to go out to play, but I said no because we were getting Kendal ready for school. So instead they begged to eat the snow and I gave in. It ended up snowing all day long, but by late afternoon the temperatures warmed up so it rained and melted what did fall. (I enjoy fall, so I wasn't thrilled to see the snow, but snow doesn't seem to stick around here.) I'm dreading waiting for the bus' this winter. This last week gave us a taste of winter and I wasn't loving it (especially with the wind).

Casey started basketball season last Monday. His team will have eight players so fingers crossed JV and Casey's team don't suffer major casualties like last year making it hard to play games. Casey commented about how the girls are so hard on themselves about their skills, and abilities (I just laughed, that's just how girls are. Get used to it my love. ; ) His first game is Friday at home; the kids are excited to cheer on Daddy and his team!
We had a Darrington dinner on Sunday. Casey's parents came, along with Sarah, Terry, their trio, Brett, and David. Vanessa and Thomas had to take a sick little Becca home. We celebrated Keegan's and Kendal's birthday's. We had lime chicken taco's with rice and corn bread. For dessert we had cookie ice cream sandwiches. Kendal got a sparkly sweater (that she's so excited to wear to church next week!) and a Frozen game from Grandma and Grandpa! She also got a singing card from them that she hugs and plays over and over again with a huge smile on her face. Monday the kids and I had a tournament with her new frozen game and with a little cheating ; ) Kendal came out victorious! She got a calendar from David and Becca which she wanted me to put all the birthdays on and have it hung up but I told her it can wait till January. Bryker, Keegan, and Grady gave Kendal a fairy sticker book. She has been so cute with it and wants the scenes she makes to look perfect. (Thank you for the gifts everyone!)

I went into Kendal's parent teacher conference today. Kendal got a good report from her teacher Mrs. Stasny. She's a good student and is doing well in all areas ( and excelling in a few ). At school Kendal isn't showy in what she knows so sometimes she surprises her teacher with her reading, math, and other skills. I asked how Kendal's behavior is, (because I know my little lady can be a ball of energy sometimes with a mile a minute mouth to go with it). Mrs. Stasny said she behaves very well in school, she is one of the first to raise her hand, likes giving answers, and she'll let you know if somethings been missed. Kendal is loving her time at school and always has positive things to say about her teacher, buddies, and all the great things she's learning.
I was working on a sewing project and Kendal really wanted to help. After pleading with me to sew something I taught her to sew some buttons. She did these buttons all on her own!

No comments: