Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pumpkin visit

My parents grew pumpkins this year and were kind enough to come up to Idaho and deliver a couple of pumpkins to the kids. My parents and sister came Friday night and spent a couple of days with us.
Saturday morning we went to a local garden center that was putting on some free fall activities for kids. Kendal and Peter got to decorate cookies, go through a mini straw maze, play a few games, and eat lots of snacks. Kendal got a butterfly painted on her hand but Peter wouldn't let the lady touch him to get anything.

Afterwards we got some lunch and took it to a park down in the canyon. The leaves were beautiful and the kids enjoyed the playground. Kendal made leaf pictures with my Mom and Sister later and we let them paint the pumpkins my parents brought.

We went to church together on Sunday then ate and relaxed afterwards. My parents and sister watched a bit of the primary program practice then left for home. I'm grateful we live closer and are able to have regular visits with family!

No comments: