Monday, September 8, 2014

Simple yet powerful

"Think of the purest love you can imagine. Now multiply that love by an infinite amount - that is the measure of God's love for you.
God does not look on the outward apperance. I believe that He doesn't care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completly. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost, God's love encompasses us completely.
He loves us because He is filled with an infinite amount of holy, pure, and indescribable love. We are important to God because we are His children. He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed or awkward. God's love is so great that He loves even the proud, the selfish, the arrogant, and the wicked.
What this means is that, no matter our mistakes, our infinetly compassionate Heavenly father desires that we draw near to Him so that He can draw near to us.
I testify that God is in His heaven. He lives, He knows and loves you. He is mindful of you. He hears your prayers and knows the desires of your heart. He is filled with infinite love for you."
- Pres. Uchtorf (Friend Sept. 2014)

I love it when messages like this come along.  It is a reminder to me that my Heavenly Father is listening, and through messages like this I can find peace, guidance, and love. They are simple, yet powerful.
I am in my third year of being apart of primary. The lessons I teach, the songs we sing, and the sharing time messages are all things I've heard and know. I have been trying to glean more from the simple messages that primary can offer. There have been many times during singing time that I've had to stop singing and let the words sink in. They share such wonderful messages and lessons. I'm grateful to have the opportunity for my spirit to be touched in these small moments. I am grateful my Heavenly Father is reaching me through my primary calling right now, and other simple ways like the children's Friend magazine. I am grateful to be apart of this Gospel. It is true. It is wonderful. It is powerful.
 Don't let the simple things pass you by; sometimes they are important and quite powerful.

No comments: