Thursday, July 17, 2014

It's great to be 8!

This week marks eight years of marriage for Casey and I. I know I've written about when we were dating, however I've never shared our wedding day.
Casey and I got engaged in March of 2006. We set our wedding date for July 18th. to accommodate two of our siblings coming home from missions and the temple being closed for summer cleaning. We were married on a Tuesday; a perfect day for us : ) The night before our wedding we spent our time at Brett and Vanessa's prepping our wedding luncheon and celebrating Casey's mom's birthday. (Happy Birthday today Cheryl! We love you!!!)
We took family and couple pictures before the ceremony on the morning of our wedding. I found a simple but beautiful dress that suited me, and Casey kindly wore a suit (I say kindly because Casey is not a suit wearing guy and it was a hot day). We were married at 11:00 a.m. in the Logan Temple by Brother Allred (my parents Stake Patriarch). Since we got ready and took pictures before the wedding we went in and waited a bit. They put Casey and I in a room together while they brought our family up. We were cute and looked into the (eternity) mirrors for about a minute, then we decided to thumb wrestle to pass the rest of our time. The ceremony was simple and sweet, and we were surrounded by our wonderful and loving family. After the ceremony we took a few more shots around the temple. One of which involved us running down the temple hill and me tripping on my sash then falling head over heels, landing in a laughing heap on the bottom. (Sadly though we don't have a picture of it because our photographer took it out : /
After the Temple we went to a luncheon at the park. Vanessa and Brett were our hero's that day. They along with some friends organized, cooked, decorated, and served us an amazing dutch oven meal. Casey and I still have fond memories of that delicious food and wonderful people we were surrounded by.
We opted out of a reception in Logan so a couple hours after the luncheon we headed to the airport on our way to a Disney Land honeymoon. I can't say our wedding day went without a hiccup. Half way to the airport I realized my wallet has been left at our new apartment. I broke down and we had to pull over and call family (Casey was probably thinking o' boy let the marriage fun begin). Luckily my brother and his wife came through and rushed my wallet down to us before our flight left.
Thanks to our fantastic families we had a great wedding day, and a wonderful reception in Raft river a couple of weeks later.
So many fond memories to look back on and ones I never want to forget.

Some thoughts / quotes I like:
- Happiness is being married to your best friend!

- A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other. 

- Happily ever after is not a fairy tale, it is a choice. (Fawn Weaver)

I love you Casey! Thank you for marrying me on that hot and sticky day in July eight years ago. Thank you for the life and love you give. Happy eight years, and here's to an eternity more!

No comments: