Tuesday, September 3, 2013

School begins


Today was Casey's first day with students at Kimberly middle school, and Kendal started her first day of Preschool.
I remember when Preschool was no big deal, and many kids didn't even go before Kindergarten. Now it seems that everyone goes 2 + years to Preschool wondering if it's enough to jump start their kids. Thankfully we're part of a low key home done Preschool. Two days a week, not a big deal, but good times for Kendal. As you can tell from the picture above with her hand on the door Kendal wanted to get to preschool. 9 o'clock did not come fast enough for Kendal today, and when I went to get her she didn't want to leave. Kendal is in Preschool with three boys (one being her cousin David) and two other girls. She enjoyed her first day. She didn't go into detail about what she did, she played, did a picture, and ate a snack. (I know she did more and more details will come out sometime : )
Casey begins teaching his ancient world history classes today. He has four classes of eighth graders for history, a study hall hour, and another small class time for kids to read and catch up on school news / happenings. He started coaching 7th grade football last week. He doesn't feel like a football coach yet. He's got a lot to learn a to help the 7th grade defense and the 7th and 8th grade linemen. I know he'll do great this year both in teaching and in coaching.
I'm so proud of Casey and Kendal. Love you Both!!

2 comments:

Dani Christensen said...

Fun times at your house! All the changes! And I feel like the worlds worst mom since I'm seeing all the kids Tim's age starting pre-school (first day of school pics on Facebook) and I didn't put him in one!

Darrington's said...

Dani, I wouldn't have put Kendal in one if my sister-in-law hadn't asked me to join her group. Preschool is too big of a deal these days, and I'm sure Tim is a smart kid. You're awesome Dani!