Monday, November 26, 2012

So much to say

So much to say; i think i better start from the day after my last post. Casey's parents were able to come and visit us for the weekend. We took Kendal bowling for the first time. She loved the shoes and enjoyed bowling. We also went around Challis a bit and showed Casey's parents the Salmon river. It was great to see them and spend time with them.

Sunday night: My Grandpa's funeral was set for Tuesday so the kids and i hitched a ride with Casey's parents to Pocatello, then my Brother and Sister-in-law met us and drove us the rest of the way (BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!). The kids did well to Pocatello, but a 5 min. pit stop apparently wasn't enough cause both kids had some melt downs on the way to Logan.
Monday morning started my crazy week of errands / activities. I've had my shopping list for /Christmas and other misc. items set for weeks now; and i knew this trip was my only chance to get non-Internet shopping done. I also squeezed in a much needed hair cut (it's a joke trying to get your hair done in Challis). Monday night was my Grandfathers viewing. Kendal was everywhere and Pete was sweet and nice being passed around all night.
Tuesday morning Casey drove in (He couldn't take Monday off of school and basketball - he didn't even get a sub for Tuesday; the secretary said she would look in on his classes). We attended my Grandfather's funeral. My Grandpa was a wonderful man. We shed many tears, hugged, and caught up with family. It was neat to hear of my Grandpa's life and stories about him. We were lucky to have him as a part of our lives.
Link to my Grandpa's obituary.


Tuesday night we needed some fun. Along with my siblings and nephew we met up with my Uncle Tony and his family to have some fun at the Fun Park. The kids had a blast playing games and earning tickets. Afterwards just my family went bowling. While Kendal enjoyed it, she had a bit of a rough time (no nap = meltdowns). Little did i know Pete was giving my parents a heap of grief back at home. (Thanks for putting up with him, and giving me some time off Mom and Dad)

Wednesday morning brought on more errands for us. Kendal had her 3 yr. doctors appointment that afternoon. She is 36 and 1/3 in. tall and 27.4 lbs. Other than her issues with her skin (Keratosis Pilaris and Eczema) she is right on track and doing well. We spent part of the afternoon at my Grandma's home.

Thursday took us to my Brother's home for Thanksgiving. At one point before dinner we realized it was all boys in the kitchen doing the last min. prep. : ) (the girls did do a lot of the cooking before hand)  It was a good day with family, and great food.

Friday morning we headed out for some black Friday deals. (not too early though, I'm not that dedicated) We ate lunch at Pizza Pie cafe and then Kendal got to open presents from my family. She was over the moon having her birthday spread out, and enjoyed getting presents every few days. Friday night we went out to my Grandma's house and got to see my cousins baby boy blessed.

Saturday i again went out to get more of my monster list done. Casey went shooting, and then got to go to the football game. The Aggies crushed Idaho : ) ; and won the WAC title for the first time in 76 years. (Big thanks to Aunti Katherine, Mom, and Dad for watching the kids so much this week) After dinner we all headed up to Preston for their annual lights parade. Kendal loved it, and Pete was memorized by the fireworks and lights. We also got to see some light up homes. (One that was crazy decked out with a plethora of Disney scenes (It was like some park ride going around this place seeing the lights, scenes, and the music). 

Sunday we packed out overstuffed car, gave loves and headed home. On our way we stoped to meet our new nephew (he is so precious) and chat with Casey's family. 
Now we are home. Casey has his first two games coaching JV this week (he doesn't feel ready, but i know he'll do great!). I am back with the kids. It's long days where we only see Casey for a couple hours of the day, but I'm managing. I start my new calling as the primary chorister next week. I'm excited to put up Christmas (It was my Grandpa's favorite holiday - he would play Christmas music year round).

No comments: