Thursday, December 3, 2009

Two week appointment

Well it's been about two and a half weeks since our little sweet pea joined the family. I had no idea how much a c-section can affect a person, but I'm doing tons better. Kendal is still on her own schedule, but feedings and sleeping are going well, so I'm OK with having things her way (for now). Today was her two week appointment; she currently weighs 7 lb. 9 oz. so she's average for growth. Her head is measuring big, but I'm attributing it to all of her wonderful brains inside it.

Kendal is learning to focus more, and she's gaining more muscle control / neck control. She mostly smiles when she's asleep, but we do see a rare awake smile / smirk. She's very mellow, and doesn't get upset unless she has a gas bubble, or really wants to eat. I am so very grateful to be the mother of such a wonderful little girl!

Kendal has been able to meet most of her immediate family, except for her two uncles serving missions. She had her first thanksgiving at my Grandparents home. She did well, but by the end of the day i was done and needed a nap. I'm looking forward to celebrating her first Christmas and enjoying the holidays with family. Happy December Everyone!!

1 comment:

Kim & Campbell said...

We are so very excited to have Kendal around! She is precious.