Saturday, December 1, 2018

Thanksgiving and more

Peter had a Thanksgiving play on the 16th. He got to play the part of a pilgrim in the play. He was a bit demanding over his costume. The original costume I made out of paper Peter refused to wear because other kids had "better" costumes. So I put together a lame, yet not paper version for his top and he was pleased (long story short sometimes less is more). He did wonderful in the play. He sang so well and did great giving his part! Alice enjoyed the play and clapped the whole time.

 

Kendal has played a few basketball games now with three more to go. She's won all of them so far. She's loving basketball this year! Her team is mostly 4th graders, but she does ok keeping up with them. She may not get the ball as much as she'd like, but when she does she makes the most of it and does her best!
 

Saturday the 17th Casey and I got a rare date thanks to swapping babysitting with our friends the Birks. We went to see Fantastic Beasts Crimes of Grinderwald. So good. I'll forever be a Harry Potter fan!
We decided it would be more money to fix old Gus than the car was worth so we chose to get a new car. Since our other car is older also with more than 100k miles we decided to go for a newer family car and Casey will take over Gus Gus as his work car.  So Saturday afternoon Kendal went to a play date and Peter and Alice joined us in our car hunt. I had done my research so we had a list of cars to look at. We ended up with a Blue Ford escape from Middlekauff Ford. The process took a couple of hours, thankfully the kids managed well waiting around the dealership for so long. The price couldn't be beat anywhere and even though it was a couple thousand more than we planned it's practically a new car and will last for a long long time! We're happy with the car so far and even broke it in with a trip to Logan for Thanksgiving. We've landed on Toto as it's name : )

I had the idea to put up the tree before our Thanksgiving break. When I realized how early Thanksgiving was in the month this year I was ready to wait; but the kids were told and wouldn't let it go so we HAD to put up the tree. It went up Sunday and we decorated it for family home evening the next night. I'll slowly put up the rest in the next week. (I'm on my rush since my little "helpers" are already going at the tree to much.

The kids had mini cold over that weekend that they kindly shared with Casey and I. Casey ended up taking the day off of work Tuesday because he didn't feel good and knew his voice wouldn't last. He did go to his basketball games that night though.
Kendal had her well check in Wednesday and I added myself onto the end of the appointment due to ulcers and a wicked cold (pretty much bronchitis) I was given a slew of meds to take for the following week and a hope my ulcers would get better (which they finally have. November has been a long month with to much sick : /.
That afternoon we headed to Logan for Thanksgiving break. The kids were up at six on Thanksgiving. (Not ideal in any sense of the word). We had our big dinner at one. The whole family got to be there and Nana got to join us too! We kept it simple this year, but it was still great. Anica, Mom, and I snuck away hoping for a good JCP deal between dinner and pie. We got to enjoy the day away enjoying family time! I meant to take pictures, but the only one I got was the kids right before bed.

Friday my mom and I hit up a few places for sales. Katherine took Kendal for her birthday present of arcade time at the Fun Park. She had so much fun with Katherine and hit the jackpot in a game coming home with lots of loot! We pulled out my parents tree and Alice helped grandma put her bears on the tree.

Saturday Casey took the kids to the Home Depot craft and then to the shop for a bit. They enjoy the builds and like exporting Grandpas shop shoo their morning was fantastic.  David, Anica, and the boys came and we got to enjoy the day with them as well. That evening we went out to Nanas. We took dinner and helped set up a bit of Christmas (really we just made a mess and got out tons of stuff, but hopefully it was helpful in some capacity.) The kids enjoy time at Nanas! They played with the toys and beat Uncle David at battleship. We left from Nanas to come home. It was a nice break to Logan and the kids are excited to go back at Christmas time!
(picture before is our little cutie in one of my black Friday steals)

Casey did his annual no shave November. He grew a nice beard.(but I'll always prefer him smooth ; ) Casey's had a slew of games this past month. They've mostly been away and have won many of them!

I've been busy with kids, Christmas, family, friends, Young women's, and just life. It's been a very busy month, with more to go this next month! Thankfully I'm finally getting over the sick that has seemed to stick around all month.
We started December with a bit of snow today. Kendal had a game this morning. This afternoon Casey's parents dropped by after a day of watching grandkids basketball games. We took the kids to start a new tradition of sibling gifts. We decided to do books and spent over an hour at the bookstore picking, choosing, wandering, and playing. Tonight we got to go to the community Christmas celebration in Kimberly. Kendal sang a few songs with her choir. They did great! We saw the nativities in the gym and then got to go outside to see Santa and some fireworks. We ended our family filled day by watching Incredibles two. Good movie, with some kids similar to a few we know ; ).

 

No comments: