Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's day and happenings

The kids have two weeks of swim lessons done and two more to go. Kendal is making progress and trying her best in everything. She swims fairly well, but sometimes has a hard time holding her breath so she can't go long distances on her tummy yet. (She'll get side breathing down at some point I'm sure.) Peter is very energetic in his lessons. He likes to bob up and down in the water and his natural athletic ability is coming through as he swims. He still has trouble floating though. (he gets pretty tense and just doesn't want to relax.)

Last Friday Kendal's class put on a brunch as an early mother's day treat. The kids in the class made a casserole for us, gave us flowers and a sugar scrub, and sang us three wonderful songs. I loved watching Kendal sing the songs. She knew them all by heart and was so proud to sing them to me.
Last Saturday we decided to go on an "adventure" to Cauldrin Linn. It's a neat little spot out in Murtah that I never knew existed till this spring. With all of the rain fall this spring and the snow pack now melting the falls in the area are amazing. Now that track is over for Casey we'll hopefully hit up Shoshone on a non-busy day sometime soon. Since it's so busy we decided to make our way out to Cauldrin Linn to see the falls there. It was a nice little drive out and we enjoyed walking around and looking at the falls. Peter was very cautious not to go to near the edge of the rocks, and he also spotted a lizard on a rock.  Kendal pocketed a few rocks and flowers along the way.



We've had some wonderful days of sunshine and great temperatures. I've taken Peter and Alice out for a bike / stroller walk a couple of times. Our usual rout is going over to Ballards Way park. It's been so nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine and for Peter to get some energy out.
 

I would never have guessed last mother's day that I'd be celebrating this year with three kids instead of two. It's been quite the year, and we're so thrilled to have Alice! 
 My eyes have also been opened a bit to how I mother and how I want to be as a mother this year. Which has meant some reflection, and some changes. I'm still far from where I want to be, but I feel I'm trying in different ways to be better for my kids. I have been blessed with three amazing kids. They are my world; I love them dearly and thank Heaven for them every day.
I'm so grateful for my Mom. She is so wonderful! I cherish her and love her so very much. I am so lucky and blessed to be her daughter. I'm grateful for my Mom-in-law. She is a wonderful woman with so much love for our crazy crew. I am in awe of these two women. Since having three kids of my own my respect and appreciation has increased ten fold for them! The work they have done and still do amazes me, inspires me, teaches me, strengthens me, uplifts me, and I love them dearly. I have an amazing sister and sister-in-laws each with their own challenges, and journeys. They are so strong and so wonderful. All of these women are so special to me and I love them so very much!
 

My mother's day quote for this year -
A real mom: Emotional, yet the rock. Tired, but keeps going. Worried, but full of hope. Impatient, yet patient. Overwhelmed, but never quits. Amazing, even though doubted. Wonderful, even in chaos. Life changer, every single day. - Rachel Martin

No comments: