Monday, December 15, 2014

Casey's birthday, Darrington Christmas party

Casey turned 31 this past week. The kids and I took lunch to Casey on his birthday. We picked up some subway in town and brought it to his school to enjoy. Later that afternoon we went to his basketball game. His team wasn't at their best that night against Filer and lost. After giving Daddy more birthday wishes and loves the kids and I headed home and Casey stayed to help with JV and Varsity. I don't think there has been a specific kind of cake I have made Casey more than twice  in our nine years together. Casey likes variety and trying new delicious treats. This year I made him a candy cane ice cream cake. It was a hit with the kids and Casey. I'm so very lucky to have Casey in my life. He is my best friend, a wonderful father and a great man. He works so very hard and cares so much about being a good teacher and coach for his students. I've been blessed to have him in my life for nine years; i love him more and more as time goes on. I love his humor, his caring nature, his generous spirit, and his selfless nature. Happy 31 years to you Casey! You're not as old as you think, just wiser, and a bit older than when we met.

Saturday morning our ward had their Christmas party. We were fed breakfast and then we got to do service by wrapping presents for a local charity called "Eastend Providers". There were about four truckloads of toys and presents for children in need that were wrapped. The gym was covered in tables and those tables were covered with toys and people wrapping them. I was in Heaven! (I have a secret joy in gift wrapping. I adore wrapping presents.) It took our ward two and a half hours to wrap gifts; Kendal and Peter had so much fun running around with the other kids and eating peppermint candies that were all around.
After our ward party we headed out to Raft River for the rest of the weekend. That afternoon the kids "helped" me cut out and bake sugar cookies for our party on Sunday. Casey and I played games with his mom, Cody, Vanessa, and Sarah that night. The kids found Grandma and Grandpa's tractors and were having a blast going all over the house with them. I got some snuggles in with baby Thomas.
Sunday Nicole and her family came. We all went to church in the morning. The second hour of church the primary put on a Nativity program for everyone. Kendal and David joined the primary to sing, but were only able to help sing a couple of songs they've learned. We had two long benches of very active kids during sacrament meeting.
After church we ate lunch back at the house. We had a bit of down time and then started the festivities. The kids decorated (licked frosting and made messes ; ) the sugar cookies. We put on our own Nativity that Cody narrated. Grandma read the kids a Christmas story and then we did our gift exchange.

Kendal is in love with her Frozen puzzle, book, and winter accessories she got. She had a blast playing in a tent that her cousin gave her (made by talented Auntie Vanessa). Peter hasn't stopped playing with his airplane and car he received; he loves them a lot! Grandma and Grandpa gave him a cute outfit and some Candy that he imminently broke into to eat. Casey and I received "date night" with frozen yogurt and movie gift cards. It was just what I wanted and I'm thrilled to get in a date night out with Casey (especially a free one). We all pitched in and gave Cheryl and Kenny a laptop for Christmas. (It was a gift much debated over and heavily discussed. I'm thankful for our ability to work things out and love each other just the same; even if we're viewed as slightly more crazy by one another.) Casey's parents gave us some money that we're putting towards food storage and a WII game system (THANK YOU!) We enjoyed a light dinner and more treats afterwards.
The kids ran amok around the house and loved playing and being silly with their cousins. It's always a high octane atmosphere with 10 little ones in the house, but we love our family time and wouldn't change a thing!



 Earlier in the week Kendal helped me make our annual Christmas caramels. They are so delicious and were devoured over the weekend so we'll have to make another batch to take to Logan ; ).

No comments: