Thursday, February 13, 2014

Contagious

I wish I were writing about how contagious my kids laughs are or how contagious a smile is but I'm not.
I felt sick for a few days over the weekend. Peter had a cough, and wasn't sleeping well. Kendal seemed fine, but wasn't eating well. When Monday rolled around and our symptoms were only getting worse I knew I needed to take us in to see the doctor. Early Tuesday morning we went in. I had a bad case of Strep throat, Kendal had enough symptoms and had been around me so they put both of us on Antibiotics. Peter was diagnosed with an ear infection and acute bronchitis. Kendal was convinced that I would take her to preschool after the doctor, but we were highly contagious so we trudged to the grocery store, got or medicine and some food and came home to our confinement. I definitely don't want Casey getting this so I have done a lot of cleaning, 11 hours of laundry (every blanket / linen / etc.), and disinfecting of every toy and surface we share in this house. Fingers crossed Casey continues to escape this horribleness. It's been a rough week with a  very grumpy Pete, a restless Kendal, and an ooky feeling Mama. Thankfully with the help of our meds no one is contagious anymore.
I know this isn't the most positive thing to write about, but this is apart of life.
In an odd / funny coincidence Casey talked about the Black Plague in school this week. The words black plague I feel completely sum up how I've felt this week.

Happy Valentines tomorrow. Here's hoping that your day is happy, and the love you share is contagious.

No comments: