Friday, December 20, 2013

Peter is 18 months!

Peter is growing into a cute little toddler with a funny personality.
He is still our champion eater, but now he doesn't want to eat in his high chair he has to be at the table with us. It's fine until he wants out of his seat and has to stand on a chair to eat with us (I don't let this fly at dinner time, too much food to grab/spill.). Pete still likes to push chairs around my kitchen and get into my drawers, take the stove apart, or play in the sink. Let's just say my chairs are laid down for about 80% of the day. Now Pete uses the legs to get a little higher so he can still reach my counter tops. He surely loves to climb. If a chair happens to be up next to his high chair he gets in and yells mama until I notice and either get him down or get him food.
Peter's vocabulary is expanding daily. Some of his words are: dis = this, ees = please, uish = squish, apo = apple, chss = cheese, ruf = rough, ush = push, ickle ickle = tickle tickle, Gampaw = Grandpa, Mamaw = Grandma, he also has down words like bye bye, pants, socks, nana, up, Mama, Dada, and a few more that are escaping my thoughts right now. Pete likes story time, but he doesn't want to sit to listen. He likes to wander around me or crawl on my while I have the book. He likes to bring me Brown Bear, Brown Bear, and How I became a Pirate to read . Brown bear repeats and rhymes, and he loves the pictures in the Pirates book. 
Here's a bit more about Pete at 18 months:
Peter likes to sit on the edge of chairs and benches and dangle his feet.
He loves to find shoes and make us put them on him.
Like I mentioned in the side bar, Peter likes to stomp his feet in front of you and run away giggling expecting us to chase and tickle him. (He got this from Grandpa Darrington : )
Peter is very naughty with the computer. If the office door gets left open I will find him on top of the desk, pulling cords out, emptying drawers, banging on the keyboard, pressing buttons, etc. It's the one area he won't leave alone.
He still hides in my pots and pans cupboard. He shuts himself in, pulls all of my pans out, or sits on the edge dangling his feet.
I've given him three haircuts so far (he's needed more, but I procrastinate and he's cute with long hair).
Peter is friendly like his sister, he finds others in church or the store and wants to sit on their lap, feed them, or jibber jabber at them.
Pete loves to find the night light in his room and take it apart. He also taunts us by turning the TV on and off by pushing the button. He also pulls the electronic cords out from around the TV and tries to plug them back into different holes. He has an engineers mind and loves to figure things out and put things together. Ok with toys not with my household electronics / appliances.
He will help clean up a lot better than Kendal, but then he'll also dump the basket of toys all over the floor that we picked up two minutes earlier. 
Unlike Kendal Peter loves the vacuum. He wants to stand in front of it, climb on it, push it with me, unplug the cords, and take the attachments off to play with.
Peter likes to make faces in his mirror in the car. He sticks his tongue out and talks to himself. 
We've warned Kendal about treating her brother nice, and now is the age that her actions are coming back to bite her. Peter likes to pull hair, sit on and grab at Kendal when they are arguing over a chair or toy. I warned Kendal, and now she can see what I was talking about.
Peter's hair is still blond and pretty thick. I can see my side of the family in Pete a lot; then he smiles then I totally see Casey. He's a bit of a shorty, but I'm not expecting a 6' something kid, he'll probably be similar to his Grandpa's or Daddy.
Pete gives three kinds of kisses. A sweet peck, an open mouth slobber, or a lick your face loving. He also gives sweet little hugs that I take when I can get.
He's turning into a little Linus and likes to haul a blanket around the house. He's also down to one binky (we've lost the other 3). We were ready to just finish with Binky's then cold and flu season hit, and his molars are coming in fast and mean. So we're holding off for just a bit, (unless he looses his last binky then we'll see).

This little guy gets cuter, funner, and more mischievous every day. We love you Pete!


I came out of the shower one morning to find these two sitting in a box together watching their morning cartoon. : D

No comments: