Saturday, April 13, 2013

I can fly high in the sky!

We are never in short supply of wind living in Idaho. We took advantage of the wind this week and took Kendal's new kite out.  The first day we went out we had the kite up and flying for quite a while. The second time we went out this week we weren't so lucky. Even if the kite gets little flight time Kendal has fun and enjoys herself.  If my yard wasn't plastered with deer scat I might have enjoyed the experience a bit more this week. It's starting to get to me that we always have to watch our step for scat, and I can't even let Pete down in the yard to enjoy himself. The schools grass / fields and park are also plastered with it, so there is no escaping it anywhere around here. Big sigh
Sorry for the rant, anyways -  I have fond memories of flying kites as a child. I can still remember windy days at my Grandparents home in Wellsville that were spent flying kites. Good times : ) Casey has always liked flying kites. We've been through a few kites throughout our marriage (one that was stuck in a tree in my parents yard for a couple of years). I know flying kites will always be a good family activity that we all enjoy.

Sometimes it takes a bit for Kendal to get to sleep. We hear her in her room talking to her animals / dolls, reading books, or playing around. We always check on the kids before we head off to bed; put Pete's pacifiers back in his crib, and put a blanket on Kendal. The other night we walked in to find a first. Kendal had fallen asleep on the floor while she was playing. Casey and i both laughed. Love these funny little moments.

No comments: