Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

Kendal decided long ago that she wanted to be a butterfly for Halloween. I tried my best to nudge her towards an easier costume, but she was persistent so i gave in and sewed her up some wings so she could be a butterfly. She has been happily wearing them around for a couple of weeks and loves pretending to be a butterfly. She is also insisting her birthday cake in a couple of weeks needs to be a butterfly. Pete was easier (no opinion). I had a cute pumpkin hat from my sis-in-law but nothing around challis to complete the outfit. So i resorted to his sweater with bear ears - so Pete is a bear for Halloween. We are attending a ward dinner tonight, followed by a trunk or treat. It ought to be a fun night, we'll see how things go since Kendal decided she didn't want a nap today (guess that's the trick on me for the day).





Thought we'd update about the pumpkin. It didn't take very long for our carved pumpkin to become the local hot spot for hungry deer. I'm guessing it will be gone in the next couple of days.


Kendal doing the cake walk at our ward dinner


Happy Halloween!


2 comments:

Janalee said...

Great costumes! I was thinking about you on Halloween, and I thought, If I had a son named Peter, I would so do Peter pan, and then Kendal could be tinkerbell. I thought, I bet that is what the Darrington's will do!

Glad I didn't put money on that one!
They looked cute though!

Darrington's said...

Peter Pan and Tinker Bell are definitely on my mind for a future Halloween. I want Peter to be a bit older so he can run around and enjoy being Peter Pan.